Monday, September 29, 2008

A Recipe for You

Here is one of my favorite prepare ahead meals.

My Favorite Meat Stuffed Shells
Michelle Sims

Ingredients:

2 cups ground beef
1 1/2 cups Italian Sausage
¼ chopped onion
1 pkg. Jumbo shells cooked al dente
1 16 oz. can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. Oregano
1 teas. Ground basil
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups shredded mozzarella


Assembly Instructions:

Mix meats and onion together. Stuff mixture into precooked shells, add a pinch of cheese and place in a casserole dish(9x13). In a small bowl combine tomato sauce and spices. Pour over the top of the shells and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Freeze.


Day of Use Instructions:

Thaw and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Serves 6 adults. For smaller families, prepare in two 8x8 casserole dishes and presto, you have 2 meals!

Serve With: Salad and garlic bread.

2 comments:

Testing said...

My problem is finding things my family eats- John won't eat tomatoes so that takes out a lot of Italian and Mexican dishes. Got any recommendations?

Michelle said...

I will look for some to send you. Trust me, I have plenty of recipes!!!